posted on January 25, 2010 15:52
It appears a number of users are having an issue with retrieving email. This is not an issue with email services provided by us but a DNS issue with your service provider.
You can check this by following the instructions below:
1) Go to http://www.iwebtool.com/server_status?domain=mail.buymewebhosting.com.au
2) Where it says Domain Name, type in your domain name
ie. mail.buymewebhosting.com.au or just buymewebhosting.com.au
3) Click Go
4) You should see a similar screen to that below. The first 3 lines are important. If they are all green, all is ok and the most likely scenario is a problem at the ISP level, in which we suggest you contact you Internet Provider.
You can also try the following website:
1) Go to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com.au/
2) Enter your Domain Name and click Test Now
To try and overcome these issues, you can make the following changes in your Email Client software:
1) Open Outlook
2) Click on Tools --> Email Accounts --> Next
3) Select your Email Account and click Change
4) Click More Settings
5) Click Outgoing Server
6) See image below. Check the box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select "Use same settings as my incoming server"
7) Click on OK --> Next --> Finish